M Ed Stds, BA, TPTC, TAPTC
Over the last 40 years, Bruce has worked in a range of positions in education including teacher, senior manager and executive at central and regional levels; and more recently as a consultant in the education and corporate sectors. He has extensive experience in policy and program development as well as leadership and team training. Bruce is a Founding Director of Valad Solutions.
- Relationship building with clients and stakeholders
- Team and Leadership development
- Policy and Program design and implementation
- Facilitation and Workshop leadership
- Analysis, research and negotiation skills
- Preparation and navigation of advice at all levels
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Change Management
Recent Projects / Work:
- Priority and Peer Reviews of Government and Independent schools
- Program design, resource development and implementation of “Aspirations” Project for Year 9 students and families in Victorian Government schools
- Design and implementation of leadership development programs including “Navigator” in the corporate sector
- Design and facilitation of Team Building programs
- Design and implementation of training programs for teachers in Big Picture schools exploring a student passion / needs basis for negotiating curriculum, training, further education and work
- Chair of Big Picture Education Board
- Doveton College SC member (Colman Foundation representative), creating new partnership arrangements for school governance, planning and resourcing
Prior to Valad Solutions Bruce held executive positions with the Victorian Department of Education at both regional and central levels.
As Assistant Regional Director for Western Metropolitan Region Bruce had responsibility for Curriculum Programs, School Improvement and Accountability, Student Welfare, Community Network Building, School Councils, Network Leadership Development, Emergency Management and Human Resource Management for 150 schools.
As an Assistant General Manager in central administration Bruce developed policy and guidelines for large and complex areas including the Middle Years of Schooling Strategy, The Victorian Youth Development Program, Physical and Sport Education, Vocational Education and Training, Gifted Education (Bright Futures Policy), Koorie Education (Koorie 2000 Policy) and Gender Equity.
Bruce also drafted speeches for Ministers, ran major international, national and local conferences and undertook extensive research including “Koorie Student Attendance and Engagement in Government Schools”.
Bruce has also developed and conducted extensive leadership programs in the corporate sector.